With 2008 coming to a close, it’s time for my 2nd installment of New Year’s resolutions!
If you’re curious to see how the past year has treated me, then you should probably check this out.
WIth no further introduction needed, let the egocentrism begin:
- It would be considered a blessing if I didn’t hear the name “Michael Phelps” more than 3.2 million times. “What?! That’s so un-American! Let me guess, you don’t support the troops either?” you’re probably saying. Rest assured, I enjoyed the Fishman’s swim through the history books, but after continually hearing how his body was genetically perfect for his sport time after time, there’s only so much I can take. We get it, he’s like a freaking cheetah! But in the water. Similar to a dolphin. A cheephin? (Oh, and the troops have my full support.)
- Figure out why my car makes that screechy noise. A fairly simple task, you might think. But when Jared Murray is involved, nothing is rarely that simple. You see, taking care of this would actually involve me driving to a garage, make myself willing to lay down some cold, hard cash, and trust what the mechanics have to say. If you’re a mechanic, I’m sorry, but I think we’re just natural enemies.
- Complete a translation study of Romans. Dr. Wes would be proud to see me attempting such a feat, even though I am horirbly terrified of this book. Paul has a tendency to hit a little too close to home with me, and Romans and I have thrown down in fisticuffs a couple of times.
- Quit biting my fingers/nails. I don’t even know what made me start this stupid habit in the first place, but it has done a number on my digits.
- Formulate a book idea. This doesn’t mean I’m actually going to write it this year, but I’ve always had what I thought were good book ideas, and seeing myself actually attempt to follow through on one would be entertaining, to say the least.
- Reach 700 followers on Twitter. Is this just to feel more popular? Perhaps. But it’s more of a goal to see how connected I can become in the social media market. If you have Twitter, @ me and let’s take over the world together.
- Get my hands on a Macbook Pro. Still trying to keep up with the Jones’.
- Rediscover my ministry calling. I never lost it, I just set it aside for a brief period of time. That which is without rest will not endure, right? Right.
- Help this one girl raise money for her 7 month stay in Africa. Truth be told, I’m going to miss her while she’s gone, but that doesn’t mean I can’t give her all of my support, and encourage others to as well. If you’re interested in the cause, check out her blog page (she’ll update it more frequently, I promise), or ask me and I’ll give you some direction.
- Finally, make compassion my greatest export. Nothing could be greater than this.
My prayer for you is that 2009 brings more joy and continued blessings.